<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8469348433669735644?origin\x3dhttp://6i2008.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

May 31, 2008


Dear 6I,

Yes, finally the June holidays are here and it is time for a good break. Do remember however that you need to set aside time to study and revise your work. Do not wait until school re-opens before you start panicking and regretting that you did not use your time wisely.

Most of you have worked hard for the past 6 months and I must say that some of you have really improved in your subjects. It is very evident to me and I am excited for you and look forward to seeing your results. Like what I said in class, ALL of you will pass. It's just how many A*s, As, Bs, Cs, Ds you get and whether you get to go to the express stream and CHOOSE a school of your choice. Do remember that if you score well, you will have the choice of choosing which secondary school you would like to go to rather than having no choice and hoping and praying that some school will want to take you.

I know some of you are applying for DSA. I must clarify some things about DSA. It is not just good enough to use your CCA to apply. These schools which have DSA are usually the better schools and of course for the Band members, you can use your involvement in the band to help you apply to these school and see if they would be willing to accept you based on your CCA involvement. HOWEVER, at the end of the year when you get your results, it must also be within the range of marks which these schools are accepting. So it's not a guarantee that you will get that school if you do not do well for PSLE. Ultimately, the PSLE marks are still important and they are the ones that will guarantee you a spot in that school. Band is just like helping you to further secure that spot. I hope you understand what I'm saying. If you are unclear, do approach me to ask me.

Have a wonderful holiday boys and girls. I'll see you all when school re-opens. Do get a good rest for the next 3 weeks but remember also to do your homework and spend some time reading storybooks.

Take good care all of you. Stay out of trouble! :)

Miss Tan

friendsforever;
9:07 AM