<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8469348433669735644?origin\x3dhttp://6i2008.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

January 8, 2008


I think many of you came back to school, somewhat ready to face this new and challenging year but somehow 5 days later, the enthusiasm has died off and you realise that perhaps all the work and amount that you have to study is more than you expected.

I hope you all realise that ultimately, whatever your life becomes and how you live this life depends very much on yourself. Your teachers (including me) are here to help you achieve your goals but we cannot force you to study more, read more, practice your Maths more if you choose not to. I will not lie to you and say that this year is easy. It is not. It will be difficult, tiring, stressful, brain-sapping and at times you'll even feel like giving up but remember that we're all in this together and that I am here for you if you need someone to talk to or need any advice.

I know that school is tiring and having fun is so much more enjoyable than studying but trust me, it will be all worth it at the end of the day when you hold that result slip and see that all your hard work has paid off. Fun and games are only for the moment and will not last long but this result slip you are working for (which you will be receiving in November this year) will be with you for the rest of your life. It will be your ticket and passport into a Secondary school, where you will meet friends who will most probably be some of the best friends you'll ever have. Many of my close friends now are still those whom I met in Secondary school. We may all have different jobs and may not meet as often as before but I know that if I ever need help, they will be there to help me.

So boys and girls, when you see Miss Tan or your other teachers shouting, screaming, FORCING you to do things which you find troublesome, tiring, remember that it's because we want the very best for you. I hope that on results day, the whole class will be happy and rejoicing at the wonderful results they have achieved.

That, 6I is my dream. To know that we all did our best this year and that we have a bright future ahead of us! We are in this race to the finish line together. Run together with me.. I do not want anyone to be left behind!

friendsforever;
5:22 PM