January 26, 2008
Hi 6I,
Glad to read your comments and thoughts about the PSLE. I'm glad all of you are using this blog to talk about how you feel and to hopefully also realise that you are not alone in this journey.
Anyway I noticed that many of you wrote that you are stressed out. Some stress is healthy because it makes you perform better. If you think of a runner just before the start of the race, he is a little stressed out, waiting for the signal to begin running and his mind is alert and he's waiting for the starter gun to be fired. That kind of stress is good! It helps you focus and stay alert and aware of whatever is happening around you.
However if the stress makes you worried all the time, depressed and you are constantly anxious, then that will interfere with how you do your work and how you study. It may even do more harm than good!
I think this past week has been a good week. Many of you have gotten serious about your work. I can see effort being put in to do your work well (for most of you) and I know all of you want to do your best at the PSLE. That's very good and I'm very proud of all of you. My advice is to continue to work hard and do your best and you should have nothing to worry about. Don't get lazy and tired out along the way and then give up. You must be determined to finish this year well!
If you are worried, anxious or very stressed by school, do come and speak to me. PSLE may be a difficult year because of the amount of work you have to do but if you learn to manage your stress and do your work consistently, you will do just fine.
Take good care of yourselves. The weather is getting warmer so do drink a lot of water (PLAIN water please) and get enough sleep. Remember to also take time during the weekends to relax and play. Remember, work hard AND play hard!
Miss Tan
Glad to read your comments and thoughts about the PSLE. I'm glad all of you are using this blog to talk about how you feel and to hopefully also realise that you are not alone in this journey.
Anyway I noticed that many of you wrote that you are stressed out. Some stress is healthy because it makes you perform better. If you think of a runner just before the start of the race, he is a little stressed out, waiting for the signal to begin running and his mind is alert and he's waiting for the starter gun to be fired. That kind of stress is good! It helps you focus and stay alert and aware of whatever is happening around you.
However if the stress makes you worried all the time, depressed and you are constantly anxious, then that will interfere with how you do your work and how you study. It may even do more harm than good!
I think this past week has been a good week. Many of you have gotten serious about your work. I can see effort being put in to do your work well (for most of you) and I know all of you want to do your best at the PSLE. That's very good and I'm very proud of all of you. My advice is to continue to work hard and do your best and you should have nothing to worry about. Don't get lazy and tired out along the way and then give up. You must be determined to finish this year well!
If you are worried, anxious or very stressed by school, do come and speak to me. PSLE may be a difficult year because of the amount of work you have to do but if you learn to manage your stress and do your work consistently, you will do just fine.
Take good care of yourselves. The weather is getting warmer so do drink a lot of water (PLAIN water please) and get enough sleep. Remember to also take time during the weekends to relax and play. Remember, work hard AND play hard!
Miss Tan
friendsforever;
11:22 AM
11:22 AM